Bitcoin started a journey that brought me to our God and Savior: Jesus Christ.
Where did it all start for me? In a poor country, as a software engineer, with many projects completed from the ground up. I managed to save a small amount of fiat money.
What to do with my savings? I couldn’t invest in real estate because I didn’t have a large amount of money and I couldn’t keep it in fiat because the inflation would have stolen all my hard-earned value.
What did I have? A few things:
- a curiosity to know how stuff works, especially software
- a willingness to learn new things
- an open mind to new ideas
- the humbleness to accept that I don’t know everything
- critical thinking that helped me understand my options
- lack of trust, especially in the political class
What were my options? The stock market and Bitcoin, a cryptocurrency that I knew nothing about.
How could I put my hard-earned money in the stock market through a broker when, after some research, I found out that there were situations where brokers ran with their clients’ money? How do I know that the broker bought the stock that I bought? How can I verify that? Why should I trust a company when there is no transparency? These were a few basic questions that made me think.
What about that Bitcoin thing? How does it work? Is it immutable? How is it fixing the double-spend problem? What are the attack vectors? Why is it decentralized? How is a transaction being processed? etc.
I went into a deep technical software analysis to see how Bitcoin works, and what makes it tick. I wanted to understand. It took me a few weeks to get it at a technical level. I was mind blown.
This put me on a journey that lasted many years where I went deeper into Austrian economics, libertarianism, anarcho-capitalism/voluntaryism, fundamentals of Bitcoin, and free markets dynamics. I already came to these ideas on my own before finding Mises, but I was happy to find out that I was not crazy for believing in true freedom and I found a strong community that had freedom as a core principle in the Bitcoin space.
People don’t pay attention and they take what they are being told as true.
“Democracy is the best system, there is no better system!” they say, and we believe and don’t question anything.
As an ancap/voluntaryist and Bitcoiner, I could see that the society that we are born in is evil at its core:
- Democracy is a clown show. Multiple elections proved that it’s not working yet people keep taking the bait every 4 years. When we start tearing it down we can see that politics is based on deception, lies, and populism/socialism. It’s a popularity contest where the greatest liar wins.
- Society is based on extortion (taxes) and theft (inflation). Why can’t I pay for what I want to use? It’s a simple concept that works very well when we go to buy anything. The fact that a small cabal of people that I never saw and knew can dictate what I must do is mind-boggling for me.
- Regulations and laws make society worse. Example: do we need a law for bread without worms? If there are people that buy that type of bread who am I to tell them what they should or should not eat? If no people want bread with worms then no one will produce bread with worms and we won’t have bread with worms.
- Fiat money is pure evil. It’s a satanic scam that keeps us grinding the wheel all our lives, all this while they print money and do whatever they want. What is the purpose of this? It’s like they don’t want us to have free time to enjoy life and read and study and do whatever we want. We must not have time to think about other things.
Is this all a coincidence? A result of broken incentives? All countries are based on these evil principles, there is no free country. Is this a conspiracy? Do all countries cooperate to keep us slaves and obedient? Many will say that it’s all about incentives and Bitcoin will fix this, “there is no grand conspiracy”.
Then the plandemic happened …
And the people that paid attention could see how evil and sinister this society is. We had the confirmation that there really is an evil force that is influencing all the controllers of this world. Those that didn’t budge were taken down. During the plandemic I had the confirmation: the world is ruled by pure evil and it is possible for the whole world to be deceived, this was confirmed by the pandemic. Interestingly that a book called The Holy Bible was telling us all along:
“We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.” — 1 John 5:19
Bitcoin made it possible for me to have more free time, and I used this free time to study, to learn what I didn’t know.
I learned that The Holy Bible is the word of God, it’s absolute truth and many Biblical events can be verified. There is evidence for Adam & Eve, Nephillims, The Flood, Tower of Babel, Sodom & Gomorrah, The Exodus, and for the life of our God and Savior: Jesus Christ.
The evil forces that rule us have done everything to hide Jesus and to make us believe He doesn’t exist and the Bible is just a text written by ancient, uneducated, and stupid people.
If I would be to leave you, dear reader, with one suggestion then it would be this: read the New Testament.